I'm Back! Where Have I Been + What's Coming To The Scarlette Dragon

 Hello, everyone!

It feels good to write that again after months of being away. I missed writing and sharing my honest thoughts with you all. You may have wondered where I've been, and I'm excited and disappointed to share everything that has happened. I will also be using this opportunity to talk about some changes to the blog and what's coming soon. 


First, the big news. I decided to pause my blog because I was offered the opportunity to work under Vogue Meta from May until the time I am currently writing this, August 17. I was unfortunately let go. I was told the team wanted to downsize due to a change in direction and a collective agreement was made among the Vogue Meta team. While I could share my honest experience and present you with the unseemly folder that I have been saving that includes how I and other contributors were treated, the constant reliance on ChatGPT, poor creative direction and critique from my superiors, and that I have yet to be paid for my time and work (despite being told I would on multiple occasions), I will say that my time at Vogue Meta was truly something. 

If anything, the experience has given me a great deal of inspiration for The Scarlette Dragon. 

That being said, I am back to writing independently! I am back with fresh ideas and a clear vision for this blog. I am currently writing a few articles at the moment. Here are some articles you can expect in the near future:

  • Has The Birkin Lost The Plot?
  • Are We Done With Gourmands? The Fragrance World Thinks So
  • Scarlette's Beauty Must Haves (2026 Update)
  • Thierry Mugler: Futuristic, Sleek, Beyond Reality
  • Everybody Wants To Be Niche, But Nobody Is Okay With Being Unnoticed
I will be uploading these to the blog sometime this week or next week. I plan to post on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. 

With all of that out the way, I'm very happy to be writing for my own blog once again.


Comments